96 5820 001 - Plaza Mayor, nº 1 03409 La Canyada, Alacant canyada@canyada.es

Parish Church of San Cristóbal

On July 9, 1800, the Vicar General of the Archdiocese of Valencia created the parish of Cañada and instituted San Cristóbal as patron and owner of the new parish. From that date began the construction of the church that today holds the municipality.

Located next to the main square of the town and recently restored throughout the building dating from the nineteenth century, the Parochial Church of Cañada is one of the most special in the province of Alicante because it houses inside the painting painted by the Valencian teacher Joaquin Sorolla entitled “San Luis, King of France” and which was restored in 1991 by Ángel Barros Montero.

Also, the greatness of the Parish Church of San Cristóbal is also appreciated in every detail of its interior, as in the high altar, recently restored to its original state.

Aumentar tamaño
Contraste
Share This